Friday, March 30, 2007

Omega Moms Untie!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Original Omega Mom over here has announced the beginnings of a New Wave of Motherhood. She, and I, and all who march with us, raise our sticky mitts in the air and announce NO MORE! No more competition! No more popularity contests! No more fretting because size 6 is dim memory and someone has a better haircut than we do!

Alpha Moms, you can have your SUV's and androgenously named children and Blackberries. You can blow your Talbot's wardrobe out your tight little Pilates ass. Take your charts and schedules and personal chefs and Go....A....Way.

We, the Omega Moms, will rejoice in our crock pot meals, our children's stained and wrinkled clothing, and our joyful and spontaneous approach to motherhood. We reject that Alpha philosophy of Junior High, and will debrief our husbands whenever we want.

You in?

14 comments:

themuttprincess said...

Hell yes!

Northern_Girl said...

Rootie - I have the biggest girl crush on you! That Omega symbol ROCKS...and so do you.

Must start a list now, kinda like what we (meaning you) did for NaDru whateveritwas? EMAIL ME! I've got ideas!

antiprincess said...

man...I wish I had a kid.

I'd be the BIGGEST, BEST Omega Mom EVER.

(get it?)

Rootietoot said...

AP you'd be awesome.
I put a recipe on Hells Kitchen

Renegade Evolution said...

I am so designing y'all frat boy style greek letters for your grey "I am a REAL damn Mother" sweats...

and crockpot meals RULE. My mom was the NINJA of such things!

Trinity said...

that is the greatest banner ever.

Blair said...

I am so in.
FYI - for about one second my word verification for this comment had a letter with an umlaut in it and I thought to myself "WTF - I have no clue how to make an freaking umlaut" and then it went away.
and in the intrest of full disclosure, the word wasn't freaking... but I am trying to be polite.

Tracey said...

I love it.

strauss said...

Oh yeah, I am IN baby.
I LOVE this post!!!!!
Oh BTW, congratulations on your award ;)

Attila The Mom said...

Woohoo! Where do I sign up?

Vera said...

almost makes me want to have kids so I can compete with AP on who'd be the BIGGEST, BEST Omega Mom EVER.

(get it?)

;)

Tracey said...

So, when do we get to put up our shiny 'Omega Moms Untie' buttons? (And can I have an 'Omega Mums Untie' one so I can be a Mum like I am? Or is that being Alpha?

P.O'd Naked Blogger said...

God damn it! I'm in! Where the hell you been all my life!

Brissiemum2 said...

Baaahaaa. I couldn't agree more! I just bought myself a crock pot and I love it! Have wondered what on earth we ate before it magically arrived here!