Monday, April 02, 2007

The Monday Melee

The Monday Melee

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.
That's hard. I feeling fairly optimistic right now. Oh I know...the guy down the way with the huge chopper bike that gets off work at 11 pm and roars through the nieghborhood like he's the only one who can hear it.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
Awards ceremonies. When are they gonna have one (besides the Nobel Peace Prize and even that's dubious since giving it to Yasser Arafat) honoring someone for outrageous decency?

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
My right shoulder. It hurts.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
#1, for having the courage to step out and accept a job from his father.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
Hm.This one's hard as well. Ok. I am creative. I can take an idea and totally run with it.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
New flooring in the living room and office. Currently it has white (!) carpet. Well, ok, carpet that is supposed to be white. I want it up and out and replaced with a light oak laminate. In fact, I want the whole downstairs with light oak laminate. now.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Awards ceremonies are such hokum...it's like those fakey little trophies that EVERY kid gets on the t-ball team just for showing up.

Give me a break.

fracas said...

Well yeah, for the most part awards are hokum. We do have a couple here though, that would fall into Rootie's category of an award for outrageous decency. I've nominated a couple of people for them and I know it meant a lot to the people involved.

Sorry about the shoulder Rootie, kudos to your #1 (in your #4) and oh boy... do I agree with your Misanthropic!