Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Wow..it's so quiet here.

O! The Children! Think about the Children! or...not. I say not. They are ALL (Yes, I said ALL. All 3 of them!) With the grandparents for a few days ('Til Thursday, possibly Friday.) It's Spring Break week in East Bumfart, Georgia. Thanks to my mother's need for help doing spring yardwork, my father's desire to get that 200cc Honda engine installed in a self-manufactured go-cart, and #4's desire to fish, they are all 4 hours away in East Alabama. And I am here, just me, the dogs, and Sweet Daddio in the evenings. What to do!?

Well, the house is a mess. I'll clean it up. The carpet (in 2 rooms)despertely requires some sort of cleaning. I'll do that as well. Snow peas require picking.

Yes! I said snow peas require picking! They are needing to be picked! I have snow peas to pick! I must pick snow peas! And eat them! Yes!

I'm mulling over the OmegaMom concept with Northern Girl(whaling season). I'm also mullng over Hells Kitchen with Antiprincess (I shame the Matriarchy). Recipes, folks, and cooking/household advice. Soon the address and linkage will be up, and you can read and be amazed (or not).

Yesterday SD took the day off from work. It was also #1's first day on his new job, working in the mill where SD works, only SD isn't his immediate supervisor (which would be awkward if he were). SD advised #1 to call him "SD" or "Mr. Toot" instead of "Dad", to avoid tension amidst the other personel. #1 said he enjoyed his first day. They put him to work seaming rolls of fabric (it has to be done perfectly or the material will rip within the machine, and that is a very bad thing indeed) and he apparently caught on very quickly. THen they had him doing nasty dirty physical grunt work (probably a rite of passage sort of thing) and he cheerfully did that as well. Once you've worked on a high speed printing press, you tend to not be bothered by grunge.

SD and I played golf, on a most perfect day for such things. It was 80 degrees, partly cloudy, no one much was playing so we didn't hold anyone up without slow pace. There was no one to see me play badly so I wasn't embarrassed or self concious. SD played well, too. The one time someone was watching he drove the ball right up to the green, within about 6 feet of the hole. I just made absolutely sure no one was watching me at all. I can't drive a ball to save my life. The whole thing was fun, relaxing, and I got to spend 2-1/2 uninterrupted hours with my favorite person. And eat lunch at The Blue Moon. I had a rare filet sliced thin with horseradish-thyme cream, baby greens and tomatoes on grilled bread. Yum. I mean really. Yum.

So today, it's rainy and breezy and I'm going to stay inside (except for when I go pick SNOW PEAS!) and clean.

1 comment:

themuttprincess said...

Enjoy the quiet! Sounds like golfing was fun!